Friday, January 29, 2010

T-G-I-freaking-F!

Hey Ya'll!

Isn't 'Ya'll' fun to say! I'm busting it out for our southern folks! They can get away with saying it where I just sound stupid, but you can't tell the difference when I write it can you? Ack, maybe you can but just let me have this one!

Sorry I've been mia the past couple days. We've all been fighting colds. Yes, Nate has a cold again. It's so frustrating. The Dr said he probably just caught back to back viruses more like a back to back pain in my ass! So now I have the cold too :( I'm feeling good today thanks to a great sleep last night! Does sleep ever make a difference when you're sick! I'm trying to get used to the fact that this next child may not sleep at all, I think it's better to expect the worse then to be living in a sleep filled dream world. My advice to new parents, assume your child is not going to sleep then if he/she does you'll be pleasantly surprised! There's nothing more awesome than a child that sleeps. Thank you Nate :)

Baby time! I'm in week 18! YAY! Almost in week 20, almost half way! Below is what's going on with the baby this week. Baby starts hiccuping this week. Nate had the hiccups all the time, it's so cute! I love feeling the baby and can't wait until that happens more often. Right now it's just internal flutters etc but the real fun starts once you can see/feel it from the outside.



For all Mom's and Mom's to bed out there, one of my favourite websites to visit is Baby Centre it's Canadian and there are tons of different message boards where you can vent or find a lot of useful information from other Moms. Two of my favourites are the July 2010, everyone who frequents this board is due in July 2010, it's great to have women who can relate to you. I also LOVE the toddler board, I find this so useful when I have questions about Nate like moving to a big boy bed or when to stop giving them bottles, potty training etc. I highly recommend you check it out.

We're going to be moving Naters into a big boy bed soon. Obviously this has to be done before the baby comes. I'm torn on whether to just buy a toddler bed or a regular twin. I figure we do one of two things a) buy a toddler bed then move him into a regular sized double bed once the baby needs the toddler bed or b) buy a twin for Nate then move him into a double bed once the baby needs the twin. I want Nate to eventually have a double anyways because it's one more place guests can sleep when they come to stay with us. What did ya'll do when moving your kids out of their cribs?

We're really hoping to buy a house before the baby comes. There are a few things that have to happen for everything to work out but we're praying all goes well. It just doesn't make sense AT ALL to rent anymore. When I think of the thousands of dollars we spend a year renting it makes me sick. I would love, love, love to have a place to call our own. It's so important to us! Ideally we're looking for a 3 bedroom in the Pickering/Ajax area. This puts us out of the city but close. I like the area and we have friends that live around there too. Also it's a bit closer to home, obviously not much but it would shave about a half our off our travel time which is always nice!

So what's everyone got planned for this weekend? I'm thinking dinner or a movie with the girls on Sunday night. We really haven't been spending much time together lately and need to make more of an effort. I miss everyone!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that you're just about half way through your pregnancy!..that is so unreal! Also, I"m loving the "Y'all"...I sound so gay if I say it, but writing it, it looks awesome! I know you and Rye will find a good selection of houses in Pickering/Ajax. Steve and I looked in those areas first, and it was hard for me not to get anything because you get a good house for the price. If my family and friends were somewhat a bit closer, I would have gone for it. I just didn't want to be to far from them. But like you said, it's a bit closer to yours. which will be nice! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete