Sunday, January 24, 2010

My lovely lady bump!


Hello friends! It's the freakin weekend! YAY! Although it is already Sunday, how does it happen so fast? It's not right. Whoever decided on the 5 day work week should be shot! Why not 4 days? It makes so much more sense. Our weekend has been fairly low key - the way I like it when I have no choice but to be sober :) Kellen, I'm so sorry we missed your birthday! We really felt bad because you always come to our birthday celebrations! We're so happy to hear it was a puke-free birthday! Always the best kind, right behind the hangover-free birthdays but let's face it, at our age those are few and far between!

Now onto the good stuff. A picture of my baby bump! I would have included my face but it just wasn't cooperating today or any day really but what are you gonna do! I'm starting to really feel pregnant now, really happy about that because what's the point in being pregnant if you don't 'feel' like it?! My belly's getting hard which is nice, because when else do I get to have rock hard abs? Sleep is becoming a challenge, it sucks because I'm a stomach sleeper and that is not comfy for obvious reasons, you try sleeping on a watermelon! Back sleeping is not allowed because the increased weight of your uterus lies on important bits, I can't remember the whole reason, something about blood traveling throughout your body being cut off, seems like a valid reason. That leaves you with side and side! YAY... Not...! The left side is best but then I have to face my hubby and I hate when he breathes on me. Switching sides of the bed is not an option. I don't like being near the door, I'm weird okay! So you can see my dilemma. I need a body pillow, I think that'll help but of course I went to Wal-Mart today and forgot to get one! GRRRRR!

Nate has been in a great mood all weekend. I'm really loving being a Mom. Although he makes it so easy being his happy laid back lil self. I have never had more fun in my life. Just listening and watching him play with his toys brings so much joy to us. It amazes me how well he plays by himself. He now 'smiles' on command, it's so cute! This age is really the best. He's starting to talk a lot and do silly things. A lot of that is thanks to daycare. He learns so much from them. They taught him how to 'jump' and it's so hilarious because he doesn't actually get off the ground but he thinks he is and is so proud of himself. Definitely one of my favourite things that he does. We have never been so entertained! I'm thinking although having 2 will be double the work, it'll also be double the fun! And we're all about the fun :)

Guilty pleasures! We all have them, although sometimes we don't like to admit to them! Here are a few of mine:

Diet Coke
General Hospital
Gossip Sites
Naps
Poutine
Spoiler Sites

Post yours in the comment section below! And become a 'follower' if you haven't already. I know you people are reading, it's just nice to be recognized!

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lovin the bump Steph, is that a Dr Pepper in the background? Oh and while we're talking all pregnancy...how are the boobs doin? I only ask because mine were going through all kinds of crazy things, growing, hurting, leaking...ok maybe t.m.i...and maybe I'm putting you in an akward spot, you dont have to tell me about your boobs on here, you can message or call me, but I'd kinda like to know. No Im not a creeper, ok maybe a little, but whatever.
    My guilty pleasures:
    *Chocolate (I buy a bar and eat one piece a day, that way it takes me a week to eat the whole thing, it drives Jay nuts)
    *Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew (Season 3 primired tonight on MMM)
    *Buying expensive shampoo & conditioner
    *Napping/sleeping whenever & wherever I can
    *Reading your blog (ya, I'm totally kissing ass- trying to make up for asking you about your boobs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice belly pic!!! Sorry to hear your face wasn't co-operating. LOL

    My midwife said not to worry about sleeping on your back because it would be YOUR body that would be affected negatively, and you would wake up if you didn't feel right. She also said they don't really worry as much about that anymore. So if you are comfortable on your back I would go for it.

    That is SUCH a hilarious picture of Nate! I LOVE IT!!!! I really miss him and I want to get the boys together more. And please feel free to take me up on my babysitting offer. I don't charge. (but if you want to throw in some of Rye's desserts that would be fine too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. guilty pleasures:

    -coke
    -chocolate
    -online shopping
    -mtv reality shows
    -peeling apart my split ends

    ReplyDelete