Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm backkkkkkkkk!

First things first, I have to apologize for being MIA the past few days. I had a migraine for most of the weekend and week. It's been horrible!! On Monday evening I went to the walk in clinic with high hopes of some support and it was a total waste of my time. The guy was a total douche bag. He advised that I have the migraine because I'm stressed. Obviously you'd be stressed out too if you had a migraine for 3 days! He told me I just needed rest!!! So I rested, yes the rest helped but the minute I got up to do anything my head was pounding! Tuesday night was absolutely horrible. Thankfully I had my monthly appointment with my baby doctor on Wednesday morning, baby is a-okay (will write more about that later), and she hooked me up with some drugs! Let me tell you, I was delighted!! Because I'm allergic to codeine she was drawing a blank on what to give me. She decided on an anti-inflammatory, a tranquilizer and 2 extra strength Tylenol and it was FAN-effing-TASTIC!!! I haven't felt that good in months! So 5 days and 2 doctor visits later I am back!

On to the baby stuff! Well for one, I got in trouble because I lost more weight! Like what the hell! I have no idea why!! I eat! I love food! My belly is growing, at least that's not an issue. Baby's heartbeat came in at 150 bpm, "they" say under 140 is a boy, over 140 is a girl! But who knows if that is really true. My next ultrasound is scheduled for February 9th! I'm super excited because I'm dying to know the sex *fingers crossed*. I've included a picture of what the baby would look like at week 17 and a few fetal facts.



Something fun for today! Below is the 'Chinese Birth Chart', it predicts the sex of your child based on the age of the mother at conception and the month of conception. It was correct for when I had Nate and most of the people I've consulted it has been correct for them too. If you've had kids, share in the comments section if it was in fact accurate for you! FYI, I'm 27 and we conceived in October.




What have you guys got planned for the weekend? We have dinner with Ryan's step-Mom's side of the family on Saturday afternoon. It's also our friend Kellen's, that's "Ellen" with a "K", birthday so we're invited for some cosmic bowling, unfortunately only one of us will be able to attend since we're having a a bit of a baby sitter dilemma as of late. *side note* anyone know any available sitters that drive and don't mind crazy dogs in the Scarborough area? Sunday we're meeting up with Lucius for a play date at Funnelz! Oh and football continues of course! I'm super pumped for New Orleans and Minnesota! I don't know who to cheer for!

Enjoy your weekend! I'll be sure to post lots of updates, I've missed you guys!

Steph


3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better Steph!
    I guess i don't have much time left, otherwise I won't be able to find myself on that chart!...very interesting though! I think I will be like you, when my time comes in that I would totally want to know the sex. I can't wait to find out!

    Have a great weekend!

    Gules

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, you don't know who to cheer for???? do i need to disown you cousin in law????? NEW ORLEANS!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS AND A BIG WHO DAT?!

    in other news, i am glad you are feeling better. happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that chart was right for us! I'd neve seen it before, very interesting! I'm glad your feeling better, I was feeling for ya, that walk in doctor needs his tires slashed!!! He didn't even try, he could have called someone else or looked something up for you. D-Bag is right.

    ReplyDelete