Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Post! YAY!

Welcome to my blog! The idea is to write about my second pregnancy but so far it's been pretty uneventful. I'll give you some background to start. I have to admit this pregnancy was a bit of a surprise - a welcomed surprise of course, we were already talking about the idea of trying for a second and this just sped things along. So when they say that it only takes once, it's true, it really only takes once!

The first 2 weeks or so, I was so sick, I could barely keep anything down and the idea of food was completely unappetizing! Things have been business as usual since and sometimes I forget I'm pregnant, at least until I start 'showing' and feeling the baby regularly, which probably won't be for another month or so. Right now I'm in week 15 out of 40 (ish), so it's still fairly early but into the second trimester. With Nate I didn't start showing until around 5 months so I figure this will be the same, although they say with your second everything starts to happen sooner. So this is where we are at now. Waiting...and waiting...so it feels like. I really just want to get to the second ultrasound at 18-20 weeks, this is the big one, the one where you can *hopefully* find out the sex of the baby! For all you critics out there that think we should wait and be surprised - too bad, so sad! Not gonna happen! We found out with Nate and we want to find out this time as well. I can't wait that long. Seriously, I like to know things, how books and movies end, I read spoilers for tv shows all the time, I hate surprises, so let this be a lesson, if you're thinking of surprising me - don't - I'll just be disappointed, surprises are never as good as you think they're going to be.

So do I have a feeling if it's a boy or a girl? Hmmmm I dunno yet, too soon to tell, I am leaning towards one way but I don't want to say in case I'm wrong. They say mother's intuition is 80% correct, which poses another question - who are 'they' anyways? With Nate I knew all along ,this time is more difficult, if I had stayed nauseous like in the beginning I would definitely say girl but now because I've been feeling great, just super tired, I'm back to square one.

So this being the end of my first post, I hope you've enjoyed reading as much as I've enjoyed writing. Please feel free to comment, it makes me feel good. Ask me anything, I will be as honest as I can lol and if you know at all you know I'm not about the bullshit.

I'll leave you with this:

Do you think we're having a boy or a girl?

What's up with celebrities and their fake accents? I'm looking at you Madonna, Johnny Depp and Lady Gaga!

Steph

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I actually started a blog myself so I will send you that info and you can read my reason for it. Hmmm...what are you having?...I'm going to say girl...just because i'm biased about having the perfect family of one boy one girl....obviously as long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter. I look forward to reading more posts in the future!

    Happy Blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete