Friday, January 8, 2010

Life in general

Hello peeps! Day 2 of the blog writing commences. Business as usual. Feeling a little more preggers today because the shirt I'm wearing is nice and snug. I'm trying to remember that this may be the last time I'll be pregnant so I should enjoy it and take it all in. After all this is a really special time in our lives and not every woman gets to carry a life, we are truly blessed! If you ladies out there get the chance to have a baby, I highly recommend it! And if you can't for whatever reason then adopt! Never has life been so much fun. Nate is hilarious and the cutest thing in the world (to us at least). I look forward to seeing him each and everyday and when I'm at work, I miss him so much. I'm soooo jealous of all those stay at home Mom's. All I want to do is stay at home with the kids. My Mom did it with us, maybe that's why I feel so strongly about this. But we have to be realistic and it's not feasible at this point in our lives.

Speaking of Mom's and family, I have to say that I love my family so much. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved them but as you get older and start to have a family of your own you really realize what's important to you. I really think that at this point in my life, I have never had a better relationship with each and every one of them, and that goes for my sister in laws too! I'm feeling all emotional now! Due to recent events lately and well, life in general, I'm just so, so thankful for all the love. My extended family, aunts, uncles, cousins etc are also great. I think I may have the funniest family ever. Family dinners and events are nothing but laughs. I'm all about the fun. Isn't that what life is all about?! P.S. I miss you guys!! When are we doing Clay's birthday weekend??

Speaking of fun - note the sarcasm there - I have to give a shout out to my cousin Chris who is overseas in Afghanistan right now. I am quite the proud cousin! It's really crazy to think that he's there. None of us have any idea of what it's like and hopefully we never will. I have the utmost respect for the men and women of our country who put there lives on the line each and every day. Oh and Chris - I'm burning movies for you this weekend!

Here's something I found quite amusing. I have to apologize ahead of time to Rye's Cousin Erin from Alabama - now Erin, I love and respect you and hold you in very high regard so don't take this personally, I'd also like to add that my Auntie Carol and Uncle Paul are American too and we definitely don't hold that against any of you :) With that out of the way, Erin asked Rye and I earlier this week what us Canadians call woolly winter hats because they call them - brace yourself - toboggans! She didn't think we called them that because toboggans are sleds. Too funny! So I explained to her that toboggans are in fact sleds and we call them 'toques' - which rightly so might be funny to them as well since it's french Canadian. It's been snowing in Alabama this week so the jokes are endless! It's just too easy! Thank you to Erin!!

I guess that's it for now. Questions, comments, heckling are always welcome.

Ohhhh and Lotto Max is 40 Million tonight, we're planning on winning so don't bother wasting your money on a ticket! But no need to worry, we do have something in store for our favourite friends and family with our winnings.

I have something special for all of you tomorrow :) Tune in!

2 comments:

  1. i am glad i can offer you writing material. i will try and continue my wacky american antics for all to enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Steph you are too funny! I have more to say but someone is tugging at my hand and trying to drag me away to show me something!

    ReplyDelete