Friday, January 15, 2010

Cravings!

Happy Friday everyone! YAY! One of my favourite days of the week! I just have to get through this work day then it's smooth sailing! What's everyone got planned for this weekend? We opted not to go to Hali since Nate is still sick and not sleeping well. Last night was an improvement at least, he slept all the way through until he started screaming bloody murder at 5:30am but Daddy put him back to bed like the trooper he is. I'm pleased to announce the Rampage won their first game 6-3! AND my hubby got an assist! Yay dear! Not that anyone cares, cause I certainly pretend to! Did I just say that out loud? hehe. So as for our weekend plans, as of right now we have a play date with Gavin (you can read about his story on Meg's blog at onelittlefin.blogspot.com, yes I'm that nice of a friend that I pimp other blogs on my own blog lol but if you leave my blog for hers I will hunt you down!) on Sunday and maybe, depending on Nate's health, a play date with his friend Lucius! I'm really hoping we can fit that one in because we haven't seen Lucius in what? over a year?? Crazy! His Mom and I have a lot of catching up to do. The NFL playoffs also continue this weekend so it should be a good one!

I was talking to my dear friend Jen last night, soon to be in-laws, Nate has an arranged marriage with their super cute daughter Sophie. Jen requested that I write about my pregnancy cravings! She's been having "phantom" pregnancy symptoms for her friend at work and was sitting down to a plate of bacon when she called me last night. A plate of bacon! LOVES IT! So she's super into the food right now.

Ahhhh the food. One of the best parts of pregnancy. I've been proud of myself because I haven't been over eating. Sure I might eat pepperettes and sour keys for breakfast but I certainly don't gorge myself. I actually lost 10 lbs between my last two dr's appointments, don't ask me how that happened because I love food, just look at me! With Nate I only gained under like 15 lbs and was able to wear my normal jeans throughout, so far, so good! Don't hate me, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my current 'svelte' figure! HA! Maybe fatties put on less weight, I dunno, I'm not a freakin doctor. Speaking of doctor it was 9 months of "are you eating??" what the eff do you think! Have you looked at me? Geez lady! What aren't I eating??!!

So what am I eating you ask? Here's a list of my pregnancy cravings thus far in no particular order. Keep in mind, I crave it and then once I have it, I'm done with it, wham bam thank you Mam! Oh and also I was completely turned off by food in the beginning.

1. Bagged Salad with cheap ass 'Food Basics' brand oil and vinegar dressing
2. Mom's perogies
3. Pepperettes
4. Sour Keys
5. Lava Cakes
6. Pickles - 'Strubs' only
7. Subway Club
8. Harvey's Poutine (You know it Meg!)
9. Miss Vickies Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar Chips (totally made my tongue hurt, but I think I'm ready for another go of it)
10."Bumble berry Blossoms" from M & M's (Lasted one time only, I bought 4 and still have 3 in the freezer, so hoping this one comes back)
11.Quiche
12.Lonestar fajitas (the best ever! I could always go for these!)
13. Pillsbury Raspberry Turnovers

Cravings to be fulfilled next week: The Keg! Steak and asparagus Mmmmm! Thanks Katie!!! If I think of anymore cravings I've had I'll add them throughout the day.

I was thinking that I am totally going to blog about my post-pregnancy diet so I know I'll have to stick with it for the sake of my readers! I can't disappoint my fans! Yah I believe I have fans, why ruin it for me?!

Hope you've enjoyed reading, I've certainly enjoyed writing! Who doesn't love food!

Feel free to post your cravings (pregnant or not) in the comment section below, maybe you'll inspire me!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Steph

5 comments:

  1. OMG I just had a huge comment that I was almost finished with when Gavin closed down everything! GRRRRRR!!!!!

    OK so it went something like this:
    LOL you make me laugh! And you do have fans because I am one! I'll admit it!

    Mmmmm pregnancy cravings! The best part of being pregnant! I love how you have Harvey's poutine as one. I gained over 40 pounds with Gavin and I'm pretty sure at least 20 was poutine! lol

    My current non-pregnant cravings include: Licks burgers, Bueno chocolate bars, broccoli and cheddar soup from Moxies...I could go on and on. I love food! mmm now I'm hungry.

    And I love your pictures of the day. Naters is soo cute! I wish it was summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. thanks for pimpin' my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes people I ate a plate of bacon...I was looking in the fridge for dessert and the bacon was talking to me, so dammit I ate it! Its not like I sat down with half a pie or anything!LOL

    I hate you for only gaining 15 pounds, BITCH!!! And now you managed to lose 10 while pregnant??? WTF Steph! That so isn't fair!

    P.S. I'm up for fajitas anytime at Lonestar, just say the word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg - Ewww I HATE Licks burgers, the poutine is good though! I wish it was summer too! Winter is getting old very fast!

    Jen - There is no shame in eating a plate of bacon, who doesn't love bacon???? I personally think it's a great dessert! Dude, I'll go to Lonestar right now!! You know I love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah I have no idea why I said 'Dude', it was in the heat of the moment lol

    ReplyDelete