Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh Canada!

Good Morning! Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend! Yesterday was a fairly uneventful day. Slept in until 10am, it was wonderful. Naters had a bit of a rough sleep but I am pleased to announce that last night he slept all the way through, back to his normal self again!!!! Rye made roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus and corn for dinner, it was delish! Of course we watched the Saints game, man, Drew Brees is a freak of nature! Our cousin Erin was at the game! Yes we can all hate her now! AND she said she sat at a table with the Kardashians!!! I have yet to confirm or deny if this is true, I will get the truth, this is crucial information.

Today we're going to visit Gavin, I was reading Meg's blog this morning and Nate saw Gavin's picture and starting pointing and smiling! So I think the boys should be happy to see each other! We'll get some pics for sure so I can post some of our adorable men!

Mmmm Rye is making breakfast! Bacon, hash browns, toast and western omelets - my favourite breakfast ever! Never has bacon smelt so good to me! I threw up this morning :( I think it's because I've had a headache since yesterday morning but it seems to be getting better now. The crappy thing about pregnancy is the only medication you can take for anything is tylenol. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

With all the bad things that happen in the world, briefly touching on the devastating destruction in Haiti, I have to share an interesting fact with you. This has stayed with me since High school and I will never forget it. Our history teacher, Paul Longo (You know it!), told us about a McLean's magazine article that stated that us, as Canadians, had a 99.9% chance of being born somewhere else in the world! 99.9%!!! That is insane. We are SO lucky to live in a place where we don't face the dangers of Mother Nature and war. Think about it, we don't get earth quakes (okay I know B.C. gets them sometimes, but nowhere near the caliber of other places), no tsunami's, relatively harmless tornadoes, no poisonous snakes or spiders that are prominent threats we have to deal with on a daily basis and no hurricanes (I know we get the 'tail end' sometimes but never anything even close to what they see in the south). Sure we get snow but looking at the big picture, big effing deal! So think about that next time you're bitching about having to shovel the driveway or when you're stuck in traffic on the 401. We are truly blessed to live in such a great country! Never forget that!

Going to eat my omelet now :) Enjoy your day!

Steph

4 comments:

  1. Great post Steph! I think Rye needs to hold some cooking classes for Steve!...all his meals sound delicious!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm stop talking about food! you're killing me over here!

    Your baby looks so big and fully developed in your pregnancy ticker! He/she already has all his/her little parts it looks like! CRAZY! 169 days doesn't seem like very long at all!!

    Maybe I'm a bit slow but I don't really get that statistic of having a 99.9% chance of being born somewhere else in the world (we were already born here! does this apply to our children or just the population overall? Why am I confused? Am I the only one?) Please explain further...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In regards to population to the world. Because Canada doesn't have that large of a population and the world does. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete