Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The boy can scream!

To say our darling son was a wee bit irritated last night would be an understatement. I'm going to blame it on his 18 month vaccines he received yesterday. After dinner Rye was going to feed him some ice cream, Nate had a different idea, he wanted to feed himself, which we normally let him do but after playing with his oatmeal and not eating any we were not in the mood. Nate LOST it! I mean seriously lost it! I have never heard a child scream like that. It was unreal. Honestly, you would have thought we were cutting off his limbs one at a time. I wouldn't have been surprised Toronto's finest had knocked on our door, Ollie (our dog) was so freaked out, he came cowering over to sit on my lap. Yes I was sitting on the couch the whole time, while my husband had a screeching, biting, flailing toddler in his arms. You got a problem with that?? The man had it under control! Of course he got bitten, what do you expect?? After a few minutes Nate calmed down and it was like nothing happened! He was back to his usually happy self. Never a dull moment with a toddler! I'm just thankful we weren't out in public although I know it will happen sooner or later...preferably later.

So baby is 15 weeks today! Oh and I got kicked twice last night! How I missed that! Definitely one of the best parts of pregnancy, I can hardly wait until I see those little fists and feet protruding from my belly! It's so cool. By mid February we *should* (depending on how cooperative baby is) be able to find out the sex! I think Rye and I are going to get a 3D/4D ultrasound this time around. Has anyone had one of these?

Some interesting pregnancy facts about the baby @ 15 weeks:

1) Although the baby's eyelids are still shut they are sensitive to light, if we shined a flashlight at my stomach the baby would shy away from it

2) Baby is growing eyebrows and eye lashes this week

3) Baby is 4 inches long and weight about 2.4 oz

Good News! Rye's cousin Erin went running in Alabama this morning in a cool 26 degrees (-3 in our terms) but not to worry! She did wear her toboggan! Love you Erin :))

Guess that's all for today.

Feel free to share your toddler horror stories below!

Steph

P.S. A friend told me yesterday that Maternity Leave is now 2 years, I can't find any info, can anyone confirm if this is true?

*update* I am now hearing it's one year with pay, one year without but your job is still safe

4 comments:

  1. ok...our maternity leave is 6 weeks...and we got the 4D on both kids. i had them later in the pregnancy (thomas's was the day before he was born) and it is really cool, if the baby cooperates! since thomas was born the next day it was unreal to see him look just like his pictures (a little less smooshed). and yeah i wore my toboggan running...got a problem? :) have a happy tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at one place and they said their 'suggested time' was between 24-34 weeks. It's just a bit pricey depending on what package you get. I've seen the side by side photos of when the baby's in utero and then when born and it's pretty amazing so I can imagine seeing Thomas like that! I think it'll depend on whether we can find out the sex at our 20 week u/s, although Rye's pretty set on it.

    Your maternity leave sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't get one of those creepy 3D dolls that looks like your baby! LOL I don't understand why anyone would get those but I same them in a 3D ultrasound flyer!

    OMG Nate! lol That sounds intense! Toddler tantrums are so fun!

    2 years mat leave? That would be awesome! 1 without pay though - meh. At least your job would be secure but who could afford to live without pay? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. EW! A 3D doll that looks like your baby?! That it sick! I think I'll just wait for our baby thanks!

    Yah I know right! If I could afford to take a year off work without pay I wouldn't be working!

    ReplyDelete