Monday, February 1, 2010

Just another manic Monday...

Good Morning everyone!

I thought I should write a weekend/Monday morning blog since not everyone watched the Grammy's.

What did everyone do this weekend? We got a lot of cleaning done. So happy about that. It was much needed. Attached are a couple of pictures of Nate helping Daddy clean out the fridge.



As you can see Nate was very helpful. We had a great weekend as usual. Sunday evening always comes too soon. Lots of events this weekend to look forward to. Our friend Giulia's 30th Birthday celebration on Saturday, Nate's Pop and Gigi are taking him for the night so Mommy and Daddy have the whole evening to ourselves, I might have to actually let Rye touch me! haha. Then Sunday is the Superbowl! Go Saints!

It's starting to hit me that I'm actually pregnant and we're actually going to have two kids. I'm getting nervous. I think because Nate is so well behaved it really scares me that this one will not be. But at the same time, it comes down to nature vs nurture. I really believe that Nate is the way he is because we as parents have had a hand in it. I do think it's him as well. So maybe like 60% Nate, 40% us or maybe even 50/50. I think we've made a lot of right choices with how we've raised him so far and seeing the way he is everyday just confirms that. I just hope we can keep it up! I'm very interested to see how he is affected by having a sibling but again, I think it's in the way we handle it and I believe we can continue on the right track. Remember parents, you are in charge!

We've decided we're going to get a twin bed for Naters. I'm super excited to pick one out for him. I hope he likes it! I also hope it won't be that much of an adjustment for him but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm concerned about him getting out of bed in the middle of the night but I think we'll just put a baby gate on his door.

I have to give a shout out to my friend Giulia. Not only is she one of the sweetest and nicest people I know, she is totally inspiring. She's blogging about her goal to run a marathon in a year, if you have a second please check out her blog here Fat Girls can run too!...my marathon journey. It's highly entertaining and if you're in the market to lose some pounds or to just get healthy, I hope it will inspire you too.

That's all for today peeps! Happy Monday!

xo


1 comment:

  1. Awww...Steph you're the best. Honestly, Nate is a good kid because of his parents! So good on you and Rye, you guys are doing such a great job that Kid #2 is going to be a breeze! Parenting totally freaks me out...mainly cause I hope my kid doesn't turn out to be a butterball, but I don't want to put him/her on a strict diet at the age of 2...they gotta eat..so I worry about that, and I worry that I'm the one in walmart with my kids wailing about wanting something and throwing a fit, and me collapsed in the kid clothes section crying...anyways..just saying.lol

    Thanks for my official shout out!..you're so sweet! I've been so burnt out the last couple of days I've been behind on my blog and now I'm catching up on yours...also...loved your Grammy blog...100% accurate on just about everything!...

    I can't wait until this weekend to see you guys!
    You're the best :)

    Love ya
    Gules

    ReplyDelete