Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A breakthrough

Hey All!

Well I'm seriously tired today. My boss gave us last minute Leaf's tickets, just a case of me being in the right place at the right time so of course we had to go. Thankfully Pop was available to babysit! We had a great time and our seats were AH-mazing!!! 8th row from the ice in the corner behind N.J.'s net so we got to see lots of action. AND they won! Woohoo! Rye wanted to watch the season premiere of Lost when we got home, 2 hour season premiere I should add and I couldn't resist. So today we are paying the price. If you're in the mood for a little bit of mind f*ckery, Lost is the place to go. I can't even begin to imagine how those writers do it but it is seriously awesome. I won't spoil anything here for those that haven't watched it yet but holy crap!!!!

Nate had a breakthrough at day care today!!! Rose (our day care provider or DCP for short) called to let me know that Nate ate a chicken nugget! This is HUGE. The kid doesn't eat ANY meat at all. It's not that he doesn't like it, he just refuses to try anything. Yet he has no problem trying a piece of my nanaimo bar, I don't understand how he knows the difference! Rose said they were cracking open a bottle of champagne so you can imagine how big of a deal this is for us all.

His diet consists of:
85% fruit
9% bread, waffles and crackers
5% yogurt and fruitsations
0.5% cheese (only on grilled cheese or plain cheese sandwiches, never straight up)
0.5% french fries

We've had quite the battle when it comes to his eating habits. I will say it's the one thing we/him really struggle with. We do give him options but he won't even look at them. The other day, I made pigs in a blanket, I just did a quarter of a hot dog in the one I made for him and he wouldn't touch it! Yet when I gave him a straight up crescent roll he was all over it! So frustrating!!! He used to eat veggies, hot dogs and kraft dinner but he just up and stopped one day. Rose has gotten him to eat pasta with white sauce and chicken noodle soup, both of which he won't eat for us. So you can imagine our delight when we got the call about the chicken nugget! I was SO happy. He's the only child at daycare that doesn't eat the regular food that they make, and they are Italian so you know they're making some good stuff! Pretty much every day he eats bread, cheese and either a yogurt or a pudding. They change up the way they serve it to him but always the same combination. Obviously he also gets fruit and snacks throughout the day as well. I'm praying this is the start of him branching out. But I know not to get my hopes up.

It's funny how much the little things matter in life. This milestone of Nate's has made us so happy and proud. I seriously almost cried tears of joy. A direct quote from my husband "Remind me to call Rose a God next time I see her!" What milestone of your loved one's has brought joy to your life? Share with us in the comment section below!

2 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO NATERS!!!!! I love how they said they cracked out the champagne!

    I think the most exciting milestone is every time he says a new word! It makes me so proud every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Nate!!!......mmmm...nuggets....YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete