Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reunited and it feeeeels sooo good!

Okay so I know I'm an asshole. I haven't posted in forever and people are starting to get antsy. I owe you, my loyal readers, an apology. Usually I write during the day while I'm at work, LOL, and we've been crazy busy lately. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being busy at work, the guilt is just starting to eat away at me. So I'm back. I will do better, I promise!!

First things first, we have a 3D/4D ultrasound booked for tomorrow morning!!!!!!! So unless the baby is REALLY uncooperative we should definitely know the sex. They pretty much guarantee it! I'm so excited! It's at 9:30am at BabyView in Pickering. I'll blog about it right away. I honestly don't care what we're having. I just need to know. I actually caved and bought these adorable hair clips off True Cuddles, they're an awesome website for kids items. Every Monday they have a item they sell at a deep discounted price. So the hair clips were such a great deal, I couldn't resist. I figure if we're having a boy then I'll just give them away and if not then *squeal*!!! I had to stop myself from buying these adorable leg huggers yesterday. Of course when I looked to Meg for support, she wasn't that much help and commented on how cute and what a great price they were! I feel like I'm just not destined to have a girl, I guess because I have 3 brothers. I told this to my Mom and she understood. It took her until the 4th try to get me! But saying that, perhaps Ryan's three half-sisters offsets my three brothers? Wishful thinking maybe? I think I'll be shocked if it's a girl. That being said, every cousin/brother of mine (except for my cousin Heather who has 1 child, and we're still waiting to hear about what Phil and Cheryl are having), has a boy and a girl! So weird. Sooooo excited!!!! Thankfully the appointment is in the morning, I don't think I could wait all day!

Has anyone been watching the Olympics? We're into it. I'm SO far behind on my regular tv shows because of it. I still have to watch: two desperate housewives, brothers and sisters, heroes season finale, a couple general hospitals (I was two weeks behind so I finally caved and just read the write-ups online because no way will I have time to watch them all), the amazing race, and private practice, I think that's it? Lost is on tonight, so is Idol and of course Hockey! So I guess Rye and I will watch hockey then Lost afterwards, gonna be another late night! Of course then it means I'll be behind on Idol! Do you think I watch too much tv? It's exhausting really. Thankfully we have PVR. I couldn't live without it.

Baby gear!! There are a couple big purchases we'll need to buy before the baby comes 1) a double stroller, I thought long and hard about this one, is it really necessary? But Nate will only be 2 when this baby is born so it makes sense. After a lot of research, I've decided on the Baby Trend Sit 'N Stand LX Stand-On Tandem Stroller, I think this would suit Nate and the new baby perfectly (it takes a infant car seat) and it's not ridiculously expensive like a lot of strollers are. 2) We need to buy Nate a twin bed and a new dresser. I'm waiting to see if we'll be moving until we make those purchases. I think we're pretty much good for the other large items. Maybe I would want a new baby carrier but that requires some research! We already have a baby bjorn but I think a sling would be nice. I'm concerned about being home with 2 kids and this would enable me to be mobile. If we're having a girl then I would probably want new crib bedding and obviously I would want to do her room up super girly. We should really start stocking up on diapers too. It never hurts to have them! It feels weird to not have bought anything yet but I think after tomorrow I might go a little crazy!

So until tomorrow my friends! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Very excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear what the sex is of the baby. I'm also behind on so many shows, desperate housewives and I have to try and figure out how I can watch idol and not miss the lady's figure skating. The hockey game on Sunday was amazing..even though we didn't end up the winner, so there too is another thing to watch. I think I need to get a PVR. Fingers crossed for a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO EXCITED!!!!!! I canèt wait to find out!
    That looks like a great stroller and a great price. has so many good reviews.
    There are sooo many great baby carriers and slings out there. I LOVE my Beco but I would want a new sling next time too. We had the peanut shell for Gavin but it was fleece and it was wayyy too hot for him in the summer. I loved wearing him in it when he was a newborn though and he loved it too, besides gettig pretty sweaty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH EM GEE....I'll be peeing my pants tomorrow until I find out!!!! Text me pa-leeeeze!

    ReplyDelete