Monday, February 8, 2010

Feeling kinda Monday!

Whew! What a weekend! Lots to talk about! Should be a good blog today. I'll leave the talk about how I drool even without a cold for tomorrow's blog for my homie Sarah Brown! Let's get to it!

So friday night was fairly low key. I cleaned the bathroom, getting ready for our Superbowl party, then I went to bed around 9:30ish. I've been SO exhausted lately. I don't remember being this tired with Nate. The second trimester is 'supposed' to be the best in terms of how you feel but this baby is totally kicking my ass right now. I can barely get through the day without a nap :( What does this say for my third trimester? It can't be good lol.

On Saturday afternoon we took Naters to get his first haircut! OMG what a difference. I didn't think they would really take much off but after seeing the end result I felt like such an idiot, why didn't we do it sooner?? They were awesome at http://www.littletotshairshop.com/, we highly recommend it. Nate surprised us and was a real trooper! He just didn't want to wear the apron, can't say I really blame him, it did look like it was choking him a bit, but that's alright. We just had to entertain him with a few cars and trucks and he was set! The lady even busted out the razor to clean up the back because he was being so good! I was so proud of our little man and had to hold back a few tears, we'll blame it on the pregnancy hormones!









After Nate's haircut we took him to Pop & Gigi's for the night and headed down to Big Daddy's Crab Shack and Oyster Bar for Giulia's Birthday. We had a great time, it's not often that Rye and I get out without the little man. It was so nice to have a great meal. I had steak and shrimp and Rye just had steak, he doesn't like seafood, I can't even get him to try a shrimp, so annoying! Giulia's family was so nice and her brother is hilarious! Is it too much to say I love that guy? LOL I would definitely hang out with him again. At one point I had to choke back my water so I didn't spit it out all over the table, resulting in a coughing fit which obviously led to pissing myself a bit. Oh the joys of pregnancy.

Sunday was a very busy day! I woke up around 8:30am to immediately vacuum and mop the floors, it really needed to be done but I was waiting until closer to Sunday so I didn't have to do it twice, makes sense. We got all of our grocery shopping done then we were off to Pop and Gigi's to pick up our little man! Once we got home we had tons of prepping and cooking to do! On our menu was: homemade lasagna, a veggie tray, honey garlic meatballs, salad, buns, buffalo chicken wontons (all homemade), and a sundae bar - definitely my favourite lol. We had a choice of chocolate and vanilla ice cream with either caramel or chocolate sauce topped with reeses pieces, oreos, whipped cream and a cherry! Mmmmm. It was a great night! Obviously we were ecstatic that the Saints won! Nate and Gavin got some BFF time in, it was so cute to watch them together, Gav kept feeding Nate, so funny! I'm so happy they got to spend some time together, we really don't do it enough. By the time everyone left it was around 10:30pm, let me tell you, Monday morning came WAY too soon. Rye took the day off today and I'm so jealous! He did get up with Nate and let me sleep in a bit so I can't complain too much. I wonder what he'll make us for dinner? Hmmmm...

In baby news, tomorrow's the big day. Our ultrasound is at 11:00am. I cannot wait. I REALLY hope baby cooperates. I'm so excited. The baby has been so active lately and I am loving it, I can't wait to see all those little arms and legs waving around on the screen. I'm gonna post a blog as soon as I get back from my appointment tomorrow so I'll be sure to let everyone know if it's a boy or a girl! If we can find out that is, because that's not always the case. Wish us luck!

Hope everyone has a great Monday and the week flies by so we can enjoy a 3-Day weekend! YAY!

xo

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics of Nate's first hair cut! I think I would have cried too! John wants to get Gavin's hair trimmed but I refuse. I want to delay it as long as possible. I don't mind if he looks like Kramer!

    So excited for tomorrow!! Can I come too? lol

    ReplyDelete