Friday, February 26, 2010

I am slowly going crazy....

What is it about girls' clothes that makes me deliriously happy? I honestly feel like a 7 year old at Toys R Us. I want to buy EVERYTHING! I'm not kidding. Then I feel guilty, like Nate's clothes suddenly aren't as fun? I'm not sure how to handle that. I already feel guilty enough about turning his world upside down, then I have to reassure myself that a sibling is one of the best gifts we can give him. I know it's gonna be rough for the first little while but I think he'll adapt. He's not clingy or jealous when other kids are around so I think that works in our favour. We're doing our part in terms of his socialization, I think daycare has worked wonders for him. And I think that still sending him twice a week when I'm off is important. I know I've talked about this before but this is only my opinion. Obviously different parents have different parenting styles. At this age, routine is so important to them. We always try to have a consistent bedtime as well, occasionally he stays up later but only when we're with family or something, even then, he's not up much later then usual. He goes to bed around 7:30pm and sleeps until 7:15am - 8:00am. We also have a fan on in his room to drown out the noise. Sometimes if we let him stay up later then he sleeps in a bit, which is nice on weekends. I know this next child is not going to be the same as him. Every kid is different. But we know what we want in terms of how and where she sleeps so I'm confident that we can stick to our guns and hopefully this next child can be just as great as sleeper. Sleep is so important for parents too, otherwise you're stressed out and impatient. Can you imagine being sleep deprived with two kids at home? It's not even like I can always sleep when the baby sleeps because Nate will be home too and he only naps once a day - again, I know I'll be grateful for those days he goes to daycare.

So back to the clothes...Our good friends Jay and Jen are giving (lending? we can give them back after lol, I know we haven't discussed that part) us their daughter Sophie's clothes. I can't wait!! Sophie is always very well dressed! I don't really want to buy too much until I see what's there. Sophie was born in December and this baby will be born in July so I know that I can buy some summer dresses. I've attached a couple of photos. I couldn't resist!

These are from Old Navy and Gap. I want to vomit with excitement. I should probably steer clear of the mall until I calm down a bit. But honestly, can you see where I'm coming from?

So I talked to Rye about telling you guys the first name we have chosen for our daughter. He says I'm allowed to share! If you don't like it, I don't care. We can't please everyone. Keep in mind that Rye is choosing the middle name, he's already put 'feelers' out there so we'll have to see what happens. One I don't like at all, another I like a lot. Time will tell. So the name I've chosen is 'Violet'! Two things had me hooked. 1) I don't know anyone with this name (besides Violet Affleck, which is where I got it from) and 2) It's not on any 'Top 100' name list. Rye doesn't like "Vi" for short, he thinks it sounds like an 80 year old lady, and I get where he's coming from but I know that once we have her and if we do call her 'Vi', then we'll just think of our daughter and not an old lady, hopefully anyways! We also had Ellie, Grace and Ruby on the list. I'm off Ruby. I like Ellie and Grace but Grace is way too common. I'd like Rye to choose his Mom's name (she passed away when he was young) but he's not sure it "goes" with Violet.

So that's it for today guys! Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday.

Happy Weekend! Anyone have any good plans? We're going to Jay & Jen's for dinner Saturday then hopefully watching the gold medal game on Sunday! I plan on making a roast chicken in the crockpot for Sunday's dinner. Let's talk recipes next blog!

GO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the name Violet, its so pretty! And "Vi" is not an 80 year old womans name anymore, just like Sophie isn't or Grace for that matter, those names are all making a come back...and its such a pretty name. It yells colour and beauty.
    As for the clothes...if we need them back we'll let you know, but we're happy you can get use of them. And most have been only worn once or twice. Maybe because sophie was bigger when she was born, by the time Violet gets that size it will be the right season, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete